- Home > Dermatology
What kinds of dermatology services do we provide?
First MedCare offers a comprehensive array of treatment options for all sorts of skin-related diseases and disorders, including:
- gum disease prevention and treatment
- pigmentation issues
- actinic keratoses
- removal of skin tags and moles
- skin cancer screening and treatment
The dermatology team at First MedCare uses the most advanced approaches for both diagnosis and treatment of these and many other issues, including minimally-invasive surgical options for skin cancer treatment, mole removal, and other issues.
How often should skin cancer screening be performed?
According to the American Cancer Society, men and women should have skin cancer screenings at least every three years beginning at age 20 and increasing to every year for people age 40 years and older. People who are at greater risk of developing skin cancer should be screened more frequently. Some risk factors associated with skin cancer include:
- Personal or family history of skin cancer or precancerous lesions having fair skin or light hair.
- Having skin that tends to burn or freckle easily.
- History of sunburns when young.
- Spending a considerable amount of time in the sun.
- Personal history of indoor tanning and having a high number of moles, Especially large ones.
A skin cancer screening should also be scheduled whenever any skin-related irregularity appears, like a new mole or a mole that changes in size, shape or color.
How is acne treated?
Acne is the most common skin disease in the world, and there are many options for treatment, including topical and oral medications, acne facials and other approaches. The key to reducing breakouts is to determine which treatment options work best for the individual patient, and then to have frequent office visits to ensure the treatment options evolve as needed over time to remain effective.